We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer in Test - IIOverview
Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development to work closely with developers and leads to build test scenarios, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality. This position will be responsible for working on quality assurance and control including an automation of core application called GCMS ( Global Clearing management solutions).
• Ensure adoption of best quality testing practices
• Develop and Execute Test Automation for applications running in mainframe Platform
• Comprehends user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression)
• This position will be responsible for driving best practices around Quality, Functional testing, Exploratory testing, and adoption of Development services (Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration and Delivery, etc.), acceptance test automation, quality gating reviews for promotion of software, and continuous integration.
• Works closely with software engineers to build quality by ensuring proper test and code coverage, configuration quality, monitoring, early performance testing
• Develops and implements QA standards, processes, tools and methodologies; partners with other functions to establish testing requirements
• Documents performance test strategies and test plans; translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Participates in requirements review and performance testing activities; monitors resolutions and retains documentation
• Identifies and implements complex automation efforts; replicates and resolves production issues for single application
• Defines and implements best practices for end-to-end application performance management solutions; focuses on emerging technologies
• Assists in vendor assessment and evaluates and recommends software development tools
• May manage medium-sized project/initiatives as an individual contributor with advanced knowledge within discipline, leading a segment of several initiatives or a larger initiative and assigns day-to-day work
• Translates complex system requirements and specs into test requirements and testing methods
• Acts as first-review for project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections
• Directs evaluation of testing tools for automation opportunities
All About You
• Bachelor/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience (Must)
• Should have hands on experience on the below listed skillset.
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms: web interface, APIs , and Mainframe etc. (Must)
• Exposure in building and using automation frameworks using technologies: Java, JUnit, JBehave, Soap UI/Pro, REST, JSON and XML. (Must)
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover) to ensure higher code/conditional coverage. (Must)
• Experience in working in Agile Methodology. (Must)
• Knowledge in migrating from mainframe to Cloud/micro-services. (Preferred)
• Experience of working with other developers to ensure that systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability.(Preferred)
• Domain knowledge in Core Payments specifically around Knowledge in testing real time transactions (Preferred)
• Experience in mainframe technology such as COBOL, DB2, File-AID , VSAM , JCL (Preferred)
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website