We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSoftware Engineer IIMastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
The Cyber Security Services team develops new capabilities for MasterCard's Cyber Secure platform, which offers globally scalable products to detect and report on weaknesses in payments systems and transactions, to prevent fraud for Issuers, Acquirers and Merchants.
You will work as part of an Agile development team within our program. We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented engineer with strong leadership, initiative and communication skills. If you want to be part of the team building software to prevent fraud and working on cutting edge technology, then this is the job for you.
As a Software Engineer II, you will:
• Develop Java based applications using Spring boot and Micro-Services architecture in Cloud based environment
• Write moderately complex scripts to automate test execution
• Ensure quality of one or more application codebases and alignment with development standards
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency with automations
• Identify root causes of incidents and implement learnings
• Assists with analysis of production issues
• Participate in scrum ceremonies and peer reviews
This role is 50% focused on backend development and 50% on testing
Education and skills:
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related applicable experience
• Advanced in Java development, unit testing, debugging
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Spring and developing Microservices
• Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies
• Cloud Development experience – PCF, AWS, Azure
• Excellent communication skills with strong Agile knowledge
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website