We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleStrategic Program Management DirectorOverview
The SPM Organization are at the heart of Mastercards program management framework. Acting as the compass for our programs they -
• Direct investments to the highest value work through Navigating (bridging the gap), Partnering (program, product, region, guilds) and Value (delivering value aligned to our North Stars).
• Drive a customer-focused view of developing and managing technology product roadmaps for all product lines across Mastercard within defined programs jointly with our Product, O&T and Delivery team(s).
• Obsess about defining, measuring and communicating the value of our technology investments to our business and technology partners.
• Bring order where there is chaos through obsessive prioritisation, financial management and strategic planning bringing program value.
• Embed a Technology Business Management (TBM) discipline across the company to ensure we are making business-based decisions around our solutions and investments.
• Own demand intake and prioritization, investment management, capacity planning and supporting development teams with program governance and release planning.
• Aligns capacity to the right things.
• Facilitates unified strategic roadmaps in partnership with Product, Product Architecture and Program Owners.
• Manages demand through a standard intake process.
• Co-ordinates capacity needs through value creation and operational readiness.
• Leads and manage overall TBM governance and process including technology program roadmaps, demand intake, prioritization, and capacity planning with a more “strategic lens” in conjunction with our product, regional, and technology partners.
• Measures and highlights key KPI's to demonstrate the value created by investments in operations and technology across all programs, including operational health.
• Managed the portfolio cost and makes recommendations to senior leadership and business partners on how to reprioritize/ optimize the portfolio.
• Manages Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and financial forecasts (annual and quarterly) within and across designated programs to drive overall delivery goals of Better, Cheaper, and Faster.
• Manages program governance across compliance, audit, security and risk processes in partnership with Program Owners and Cabinet members.
• Works with business partners to align and prioritize business and technology roadmaps and develop solutions to future business opportunities by helping to define economic measures and supporting business cases.
All About You
• Strong knowledge and experience in payments with a focus on Commercial market and technologies.
• Demonstrated experience bringing new capabilities to market, improving operations, and driving change management.
• Expertise in the areas of strategy, planning and financial management required.
• Strong business leadership, technology acumen, and an ability to influence at all levels.
• High degree of independent leadership, critical thinking, communication, accountability, analytical and teamwork skills.
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced environments while being flexible and able to handle rapidly-changing scenarios; someone who sees ‘ambiguity' as an opportunity rather than a hurdle.
• Stakeholder Management - O&T, Product & Delivery (all levels).
• Technology Business Management (TBM), Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Apptio experience preferred.
• Strong demonstration of MC Core Competencies and ways of working.
• Portfolio Level Planning, Risk / Issue Management.
• MC Governance, Process & Tools.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website