At McKinstry, we're proud to be a diverse and passionate group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We believe the world needs curious, forward-thinking, solutions-oriented people who want to make our planet better. We are committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals from all backgrounds, and we believe that promoting diversity, equity, and inclusivity is an integral component of our continuing quest To Build a Thriving Planet. If you are looking to leave a purposeful mark on the world, then McKinstry is the place for you.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a Supplier Diversity Program Manager to help McKinstry develop, deploy, and maintain a best-in-class supplier and subcontractor diversity program that aligns with McKinstry's aspirational desire to increase spend to historically underserved and underrepresented businesses. This position can sit anywhere in the US, with a strong preference in the Western states in which McKinstry operates.
In this role, you will provide overall operational leadership and set an enterprise strategy for supplier diversity initiatives company wide. This includes having primary responsibility for developing an enterprise program with corresponding tools, resources, training, and guidance to enhance inclusion and enablement of subcontractors and suppliers that are certified Minority, Woman, LGBT, Veteran, Service Disabled Veteran, Person with Disability Owned and other Small Business Enterprises (MWDBE).
You will also provide operational guidance and leadership to the procurement team, project managers, and other business stakeholders to evaluate industry best practices and market dynamics to proactively identify opportunities that incorporate diverse suppliers and subcontractors on projects. As program manager, you will also lead outreach to diverse contractors in primary geographies, work to identify and mitigate structural barriers that limit inclusion of diverse supplier and subcontractors on projects and develop an approach to mentorship/protegee partnerships.
What we'd like to see from you:
- 7+ years of relevant leadership experience including managing and leading people and designing and leading projects and programs
- 4+ years professional experience in disadvantaged business contracting and program management; knowledge of MWDBE procurement best practices and principles
- Industry experience in construction, engineering, energy performance contracting, or high-performance design-build
- Understanding of systemic inequities and passion for advancing equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Research and analytical skills, including experience in conducting stakeholder interviews
- Ability to function well in ambiguous and/or time-sensitive situations
- Excellent sense of self-direction and self-motivation
- Ability to collaborate and navigate across a national, non-hierarchical organization
- Skill with off-the-shelf analytical tools and software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerBI, Teams, Sharepoint, PowerPoint)
The McKinstry group of companies are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, creed, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment, and training. This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
Apply on company website