Please review the job details below.
MDA is currently seeking a Intermediate Engineer/MTS to work in the materials engineering department to support the mechanical design and analysis of government and/or commercial space robotics mechanisms and structures.
The successful candidate will participate in the following:
- Work with various vendors to research emerging technologies in materials and processes (additive manufacturing, nano-materials, etc.) and apply those technologies towards the advancement of our designs to meet the challenges of deep space exploration
- Build upon current tribology heritage and investigate alternative methods of lubrication for increasingly harsher environments
- Review documentation to ensure customer requirements for environmental exposure, end item quality, reliability and mission safety requirements are met
- Assist engineering in investigating/determining failure modes and providing input towards their resolution
- Maintain internal processes
- Generate mechanical parts program plans, perform screening of mechanical fasteners and prepare reports/presentations for design reviews
- Additional tasks as required
Qualifications and Experience:
Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science as a minimum. Post graduate studies in Materials Science/Engineering will be taken into consideration but is not a requirement. Four or more years of post-graduate experience and an excellent working knowledge aerospace materials & processes and high reliability parts is required. Experience with additive manufacturing techniques will be considered a definite asset. Candidate must also have highly developed skills in using Micro-soft office products such as MS Word, Excel, Power-point and Visio
Excellent verbal, written communication skills are essential to this position. All candidates must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity in the workplace.
MDA is proud to provide accommodations during the recruitment and selection process. If you require accessible formats, communication supports or any other form of accommodation, please notify MDA if you are contacted for an interview.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.
Apply on company website