Meadowood is a beautiful community in Bloomington, IN, with more than 260 units offering independent living and skilled nursing care.Key Responsibilities
We are seeking Café Attendant to join our team!
- Take the food and beverage orders and serve the Meadowood residents in the apartments and garden homes and Rehab to Home suites in a prompt and professional manner.
- Serve in the dining room when delivery functions are completed as well as expediting food orders in the kitchen.
- Understand and respond to all resident/guest needs and requests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Follow specified procedure to provide prompt, efficient, and gracious customer service to our residents in the homes, including answering department telephones, taking and delivering orders and recording guest records.
- Maintain facility's hospitality stations while on duty.
- Greet guests warmly and promptly.
- Deliver food promptly and professionally as well as follows up periodically to assist with any additional needs or requests. Maintain safe food handling and sanitation standards.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of menu items and ingredients. Advise guest on appropriate combinations of food and drinks when requested. Accommodates reasonable requests and notes preferences. Demonstrates knowledge of specialized diets and allergens.
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills and demonstrates ability to get along well with others. Communicates direct with back of the house staff to ensure the orders are delivered correctly and special requests are accommodated. Remains flexible and patient when communicating with guests and staff.
- Promotes a clean, safe and neat environment for guests. Maintains a high level of sensitivity and confidentiality regarding personal or medical information that is shared.
- Promptly addresses complaints or issues and relays relevant information directly to supervisor.
- Ensure that the dining room is properly set up prior to and after the service period. Keep area clean and neat while meeting established sanitation standards.
- PRN position to work as needed. Includes weekend and holiday work as needed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in hospitality and dining service
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Physical demands include walking, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, twisting, talking and listening.
EveningAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply on company website