Get a load of this, here at Medcor, we value your opinion. Crazy, right? You know what else? Our leadership team likes to recognize your contributions and offer you something called compliments. Turns out people feel valued because of it. Now combine that work environment with good pay, a bunch of great benefits, some perks like a strong focus on your health and wellness, and before you know it, you're working with coworkers that are pleasant and caring. It's not rocket science. It's Medcor. We sincerely hope this is the last job application you'll ever have to fill out.
Here's the top five reasons why this job is different than any other you're looking for:
- Medcor focuses on every advocate's personal well-being, known as our Better Me Wellness program. How many corporate jobs around here give you that? You get things like:
- Access to wellness coaches who support you as you work toward your health and wellness goals
- Health insurance discount for participation
- Gym reimbursement for full-time employees and their spouse/partner
- On-site fitness center with daily fitness classes
- There's an on-site garden, volleyball court, bicycles, and more
- You get a daily 20 minute wellness break
- Free fruit in our on-site cafeteria
- Activities to engage employee interaction (BBQ's in the summer, contests, wellness walks), which helps create and maintain a fun and interactive corporate culture. You should enjoy your time at work.
- Medcor believes and supports a fun and inviting atmosphere as part of our Better@Medcor program. Advocates complement each other, are happy at work, and there's even time for play. I know, crazy concept, huh? But it works!
- Coffee! We have the best coffee machine around. Maybe this should be number 1.
- Support and an open-door policy. As part of the Medcor family, we know life happens and it can be crazy at times. We support you and work with you through all the challenging times. We believe in a work/life balance. We want good, healthy advocates who can, in turn, advocate for others and make this place a whole lot better.
Medcor is looking to hire an Accounts Receivable Specialist (AR Specialist) to join our Finance Team on a full-time basis at our corporate office in McHenry, IL. The schedule is Monday - Friday, 8AM - 5PM.
The primary responsibility of this role is to perform certain aspects of the billing functions.
Billing timely processing and generating of customer invoices while acting as point of contact for customer invoice questions. This position works collaboratively internally with sales, business unit leaders, IT, legal, and executives and externally with customers' AP departments, customer contacts, and third-party payers.
A typical day in the life of an AR Specialist:
- Generate customer invoices; process credits and invoice adjustments.
- Review contracts and timecards to ensure accuracy of invoicing.
- Answer customer inquiries resolving customer issues as appropriate.
- Perform collection activities including examining customer payment plans, payment/credit history, contacting customer and obtaining payment.
- Assist in monthly and yearend close processes.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Have knowledge with Excel, 10 key calculator, Email/ Outlook
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a Great Team Player
- Strong organization, verbal, and written communication
- Have 0 – 2 years of related experience
- Have knowledge of ERP Systems (preferably Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains) and general accounting activities preferred
- Be able to demonstrate an attention to detail, a high level of accuracy, the ability to juggle many priorities, and the ability to learn quickly and complete ownership of their area of responsibility
- Have an adaptive, positive, can-do attitude
We don't just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. Our benefits include paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401K with match, education reimbursement, and more. To learn more about Medcor's Culture click here.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website