Are you an EMT or Paramedic looking to use your skills outside EMS? Are you a nurse looking to get out of the ER and into a clinic setting? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you treat your patients as good, if not better than you would treat yourself? Do you like job perks, good pay, and great benefits? If so, this may very well be the last job application you'll ever have to fill out!
Here's why people love working for Medcor:
- Stability! We've been around since 1984.
- Opportunities galore! Medcor has a lot more to offer than just this job. There are opportunities to move vertically, horizontally, and geographically. Annually, 20% of our openings are filled by internal employees. The fact is, opportunity exists here!
- Training! We believe in it and we'll train and support you to be the best you can be. We feel we offer more training than most other companies.
- Travel! With new clients and projects added daily, there is always an opportunity to transfer across the country.
- We have an open-door policy. Do you have something to say? Speak your mind! We encourage it and we look forward to how you can help our organization.
Medcor is looking to hire a bilingual (English & Spanish) EMT, Paramedic, or LVN Full-Time to be a Worksite Health Technician in an employer based, occupational health clinic setting in Vernon, CA. This is a benefitted position that will work 64 hours per pay period (every 2 weeks). The days worked will be Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Within the 2 weeks, 5 of the days worked will be 12 hour shifts and 1 day will be a 4 hour shift.
The position's responsibilities include collaborative work with the medical and operational leadership at Medcor, local medical providers, client staff, with key contacts within the client's corporate structure. The day-to-day role of the Worksite Health Technician includes patient care, ongoing workers' compensation case management, Return to Work (RTW) program facilitation, and treatment plan monitoring. This position will work closely with outside medical providers.
A typical day in the life of a Worksite Health Technician
- Participate in daily operations at Medcor's on-site clinic
- Provide superior customer service to Medcor's client and employees
- Assessment and treatment of workplace injuries and illnesses according to Medcor's Evidence Based Medicine protocols, known as the Medcor Care Protocols (MCPs)
- Build and maintain internal team relationships
- Support for onsite employee health and wellness efforts
- Pre-employment and post-offer screenings
- Documentation of care using state-of-the-art EMR and other tools
- Physical Assessment Testing (PATs)
- Case Management
- Medical charting
- OSHA record-keeping
- LOVE what you do
- Have valid licensure for the position in which you are applying
- Have current CPR/BLS
- Be bilingual (English and Spanish speaking)
- Have strong computer and other technology skills (navigate cell phones, texting, fax machines, etc), as well as familiarity with EMR software
- Be strong enough to lift a 50lb emergency response bag
- Possess excellent verbal / written communication skills
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Be willing to go above and beyond just because that's who you are
- Be passionate about people and giving them the best care humanly possible
- Be able to have fun
It's a Plus If
- You are comfortable working in a worksite clinic environment
- You have relevant occupational health experience
- You have experience in emergency medicine or critical care
We don't just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. Our benefits include paid time off, health and dental insurance, 401K with match, education reimbursement and more. To learn more about Medcor's Culture click here.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website