Are you an EMT or Paramedic looking to use your skills outside EMS? Are you an ER nurse looking to pick up extra shifts in a clinic setting? Do you routinely engage in conversations with everyone you meet? Do you treat your patients as good, if not better than you would treat yourself? Do you like job perks, good pay, and growth potential? If so, then Medcor may be the right company for you!
Here's why people love working for Medcor:
- Stability! We've been around since 1984.
- Opportunities galore! Medcor has a lot more to offer than just this job. There are opportunities to move vertically, horizontally, and geographically. Annually, 20% of our openings are filled by internal employees. The fact is, opportunity exists here!
- We have an open-door policy. Do you have something to say? Speak your mind! We encourage it and we look forward to how you can help our organization.
Medcor is looking for EMTs, Paramedics, or LVNs / LPNs to work on a PRN basis (as-needed) at our occupational health clinic located in Miami, FL. We are looking for people who have availability during days, evenings, and/ or weekends.
THIS IS NOT A FULL TIME JOB. IT IS PRN/COVERAGE
***Since this is on an as needed basis there are no guaranteed hours. If you have the availability to pick up at least 4 - 6 shifts per month, we invite you to apply. Pressing needs include Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.***
Job duties include participation in all aspects of Medcor's daily operations at our clients' place of business by performing duties related to Workplace incident triage, emergency response, and treatment for employees, contractors and guests according to the Medcor Patient Care Guidelines. Experience in the treatment of minor illness and injuries as well as major trauma and medical emergency management is required.
***Successful candidates will possess solid clinical skills and have at least two years' field experience.***
A typical day in the life of a Worksite Health Technician
- Help lead a team that provides customer service to Medcor's client and employees
- Treat injuries and illnesses according to Medcor's evidence based medicine protocols
- Respond to medical emergencies
- Administer screening and testing
- Work closely with the Environmental, Health, and Safety department
- Provide wellness education
- Document utilizing an electronic medical record
- Assisting with daily clinic operations including clerical, IT, medical supply management, and medical equipment maintenance
- Assisting with Workers' Compensation claim initiation (FYI – not case management) and OSHA record-keeping
- Have valid licensure for the position in which you are applying and current CPR/BLS certification
- Have a positive and outgoing personality
- Be bilingual in English and Spanish
- Be good at prioritizing and multitasking
- Be willing to go above and beyond to give excellent customer service
- Love people and giving them the best care humanly possible
- Be comfortable working alone or independently in a clinic environment
- Have a minimum of 2 years field experience
- Be able to follow processes and procedures with excellence
- Be good with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and familiarity with EMR software
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
We don't just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. To learn more about Medcor's Culture click here.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website