At Medcor, we're passionate about caring for our advocates as much as you are passionate about caring for your patients! Join our team and receive the support you need to be successful in your practice and to focus on your patients. In addition to a collaborative work environment, we offer great pay, growth opportunities, and an emphasis on your wellness.
Here are just some of the reasons our medical professionals say they value their jobs at Medcor:
- Time to engage with patients, to get the job done right the first time, and truly make a difference in the lives of patients.
- Support. You will be a part of a team with ongoing support from operations, technology, and clinical colleagues.
- Practicing Evidence-based Medicine, with standards and workflows in place to help make that practical.
- A business model that is transparent, free from conflicts of interest and not claims-driven. No quotas or referral pressures – we don't even bill insurance. That's good for you, the patient, the client, and us.
- Opportunity to build relationships and accomplish meaningful work that is appreciated.
Medcor is currently looking for a Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to work on a PRN basis (as-needed) in their employer-based clinic setting in Commerce, CA. The work environment is in a Casino focusing on Advanced Care and OCC Health. The clinic operates 24/7 with the PA/NP hours being Monday - Friday, from 7:00am - 4:00pm.
THIS IS NOT A FULL TIME JOB. IT IS PRN/COVERAGE
***Since this is on an as needed basis there are no guaranteed hours. If you have the availability to pick up an occasional shift we invite you to apply.***
The PA/NP will provide excellent Advanced Care for the clinic, while also working collaboratively with other medical and operational leadership at Medcor, other Medcor associates, and key contacts within the client's corporate structure. The day-to-day role of the PA/NP includes close cooperation with the on-site medical staff operating in the clinic and a focus on team care across the Medcor operation for this client.
The clinic provides a broad scope of services including the diagnosis and treatment of workers compensation injuries and illnesses, urgent care, surveillance and regulatory exams, and preventative services. This position will work closely with a Medcor employed oversight physician assigned to the site, as well as LVN's on different shifts. This position requires no weekend or on-call hours; however, with advanced notice, flexibility for additional hours is preferred, as requested by the client.
A typical day in the life of a Medcor Provider
- Provide superior clinical care and customer service to Medcor's client and employees
- Treat injuries and illnesses following Evidence Based Medicine standards
- Build and maintain internal team relationships
- Collaborate with client professionals in health, safety and environmental practices
- Collaborate with client human resources and benefits professionals on clinical issues
- Support client's wellness and preventative programs
- Document and manage information using state-of-the-art EMR and other tools
- Patient education regarding medical conditions and treatment options
- Patient coaching regarding healthy behaviors
- Have a valid unrestricted California licensure
- Have current DEA & BLS certifications
- Have strong computer skills and familiarity with EMR software
- Have a positive and outgoing personality, and be a collaborative team player
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills – with patients, clients and colleagues
- Be willing to go above and beyond to give excellent customer service
- Be comfortable working in an on-site clinic environment
It's a Plus If
- You have occupational health experience
- You have previous work-site clinic experience
We don't just advocate for our clients and our patients; we also advocate for ourselves. To learn more about Medcor's Culture click here.
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.
Medcor is a tobacco free and smoke free workplace!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website