Medcor/Brown Services is seeking 2 Safety Professionals local to the Leesburg VA area. Project is expected to start in Mid-December and work through Mid-2021. Project scheduled to work 6-10's for the duration, but could vary. One candidate must have a minimum of 3 years Safety experience, and the other must have a minimum of 10 years Safety experience. No per diem will be paid on this project, so only local candidates will be considered.
The function of the on-site Safety Coordinator is to consult with contractors and clients and provide recommendations to eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage. Must apply safety principles, standards, practices and analytical techniques. OSHA record-keeping and general administrative duties.
- The scope of work for the Safety Specialist is to provide construction safety support
- This position offers third party safety oversight, audits, reports, training and any other construction related safety activities as needed
- You must be able to work long and variable hours depending on project needs
- You must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- This person must be able to manage one's behavior when dealing with difficult people and situations
- Current CPR / First Aid Card
- OSHA 30 hour certification
- CHST, OSHA 500
- Relevant safety experience required
Ability to perform basic word processing and generate spreadsheets as necessary. Also, access and use the Internet and E-mail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be required to stand, bend, squat, sit demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, and see. On occasion, may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
We offer competitive salary and benefits package for full-time associates including: health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, short and long-term disability, 401k with company match, educational assistance and more. Some benefit plans are available to temporary, part-time, per-diem and on-call associates as well.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website