Medcor/Brown Services is seeking a Safety Professional for a 3-4 month project in Little Rock, AR. Our client is installing the material handling systems in a large warehouse setting. Project is expected to work 40-50 hours/week for the duration. The expected start date is February 28th, but is subject to change. Client would prefer a local candidate, but would be willing to pay $100/day paid days worked for the right candidate.
The function of the on-site Safety Coordinator is to consult with contractors and clients and provide recommendations to eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage. Must apply safety principles, standards, practices and analytical techniques. OSHA record-keeping and general administrative duties.
- The scope of work for the Safety Specialist is to provide construction safety support
- This position offers third party safety oversight, audits, reports, training and any other construction related safety activities as needed
- You must be able to work long and variable hours depending on project needs
- You must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- This person must be able to manage one's behavior when dealing with difficult people and situations
- Current CPR / First Aid Card
- OSHA 30 hour certification
- 3 Years Construction Safety Experience
Ability to perform basic word processing and generate spreadsheets as necessary. Also, access and use the Internet and E-mail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be required to stand, bend, squat, sit demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, and see. On occasion, may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply on company website