Medcor/Brown Services is seeking a Safety Professional for a project in Hillsboro, OR starting June 22, 2020. Project estimated to be 4-5 months in duration, working 5-10s (5PM -3AM). Safety Professional will be overseeing 30-40 plumbers, pipefitters, and ironworkers. Candidates must be local to Hillsboro, OR, as no per diem is offered on this project. Candidates must have 3+ years construction safety experience, an OSHA 30, and a current CPR First Aid card.
The function of the on-site Safety Coordinator is to consult with contractors and clients and provide recommendations to eliminate or control hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations which may lead to human injury and/or property damage. Must apply safety principles, standards, practices and analytical techniques. OSHA record-keeping and general administrative duties.
- The scope of work for the Safety Specialist is to provide construction safety support
- This position offers third party safety oversight, audits, reports, training and any other construction related safety activities as needed
- You must be able to work long and variable hours depending on project needs
- You must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- This person must be able to manage one's behavior when dealing with difficult people and situations
- Current CPR / First Aid Card
- OSHA 30 hour certification
- 3+ Years Construction Safety Experience
Ability to perform basic word processing and generate spreadsheets as necessary. Also, access and use the Internet and E-mail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be required to stand, bend, squat, sit demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear, and see. On occasion, may be required to lift moderately heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) during the course of the workday. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust and focus.
Apply on company website