DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
We are seeking a dynamic motivated hospital based Phlebotomist like you to join our organization. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program.
Medical Center of Trinity is a 340-bed, state-of-the-art, hospital located strategically in the tri-county area of Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties. Medical Center of Trinity has been designated as an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. The facility is recognized among the nation's top performers on five key quality measures; heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care and stroke by The Joint Commission, the leading accreditor of health care organizations in America.
As a Phlebtotomist, you will perform specimen collection on assigned shifts under the supervision of the department supervisor, manager or director. You will perform duties consistent with written procedures and regulatory requirements. You will also support the department in achieving goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial performance, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of specimen collection and testing requirements as well as specimen rejection criteria
- Demonstrate proficiency in venipunctures and/or finger-sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
- Demonstrate proficiency in heel sticks on infants (as patient population requires)
- Complete appropriate specimen collection documentation
- Follow established procedures for patient identification and specimen collection based test orders
- Educate patient and/or family regarding specimen collection procedures prior to obtaining specimen
- Use computer information system relative to job functions
- Become responsible for clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
- Demonstrate ability to deal with priorities first and plans for completion of duties
- Review Outstanding Specimen Report (OSR) and pending specimen collections/accessioning issues; take action as appropriate
You Should Have:
- A completed high school diploma or GED
- A vocational/technical diploma
- A phlebotomy certificate is beneficial
- Less than 1 year of experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- You should have the availability to work during disasters
- The ability to stand, bend, reach, squat, kneel, move and lift patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
IRL is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA Healthcare has also been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence! HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA Healthcare ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA Healthcare as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. We are actively interviewing so apply today. We are very excited to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website