DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Medical City Arlington Medical Staff Coordinator-Clerical Shift: Full Time with No Weekends Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Medical Staff Coordinator. Medical City Arlington is a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are well over 1,000 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with nearly 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service. We are a family 270,000 strong! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity The Medical Staff Coordinator position is primarily responsible for coordinating the credentialing and privileging activities for applicants for appointment/reappointment of medical staff and advanced practice professional privileges/practice prerogatives. This position also serves as the hospital coordinator to include assuring compliance with hospital and regulatory policies. This includes interaction with the Chief Medical Officer, Central Processing Center (CPC), hospital departments, outside facilities, administration, physicians including medical staff leadership and Department Chairmen. In addition, the Medical Staff Coordinator will have responsibility for providing administrative support to designated clinical departments including working with the Department Chair for credentialing and privileging and coordination of department meetings. The Medical Staff Coordinator has the following job responsibilities:
- Processes all new and reappointment applications (medical staff/allied health/paramedical staff).
- Drafts correspondence to medical staff, as necessary.
- Prepares agendas for the monthly Credentials Committee and Department meetings.
- Processes all archived documents and prepares them for offsite storage.
- Take minutes of monthly Credentials Committee and Department meetings. Requests documents to verify medical staff, allied health, paramedical staff applications.
- Ensures all expirable documents are current.
- Bills for and tracks appropriate credentialing fees.
- Assists in coordinating call schedules.
- Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred. If not certified, actively pursuing certification upon eligibility.
- Prefer Associate Degree in Medical Staff Services Science, business or a related field of study, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of comprehensive experience as a Medical Staff Services professional within a hospital setting preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of Medical Staff credentialing, basic Medical Staff organizational structure, terminology and regulatory agency requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website