SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse House Supervisor
PRN (As Needed)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our House Administration Department. Submit your application today!
Registered Nurse House Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures facility operations are timely and effective.
- Works with department management to addresses unexpected staffing issues following established guidelines.
- Facilitates facility transfers both in and out of facility.
- Assigns patient beds in accordance to Acuity and Service Line Standards.
- Provides exemplary customer service facilitating resolution of customer concerns.
- Responds to staff needs regarding Medical Records, materials, dietary supplies.
- Ensures hospital policies and procedures are followed. Initiates disaster protocols as necessary.
- Initiates and/or responds to hospital codes as appropriate.
Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process. Requires knowledge, ability and the judgment necessary to perform within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, hospital policy and licensure practice act; assess patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care; apply scientific and technical knowledge; use a variety of equipment and make decisions utilizing critical thinking skills. Responsible for facilitating patient transfer in accordance with policy and procedure. Responsible for patient flow by facilitating utilization of appropriate admission criteria and bed assignment. Responsible to ensure staff have the tools needed to provide quality patient care. Displays appropriate level of management judgement in effective conflict resolution involving staff, physicians or customers. Responsible for applying effective decision making skills in relation to the administrative needs of the facility. Responsible for responding to unexpected staffing shortages in accordance with established hospital and department protocols.
Experience, Education and Certifications Required
- Recent ICU or ER experience, preferably within 2 years. House supervisor experience preferred.
- Graduated of an accredited, professional school of nursing.
- Must have current Texas RN Licensure.
- BSN preferred
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association
About Us We would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Medical City Arlington. Originally opened in August 1976 as Arlington Community Hospital in a rural part of town, Medical City Arlington has developed into a 432-bed full-service hospital located in the heart of the growing South Arlington area. There are more than 1,400 full-time and part-time nurses, therapists, technicians and other healthcare personnel that make up our team. Medical City Arlington is proud to be a leader in Dallas/Fort Worth healthcare with more than 700 highly skilled physicians who represent a wide variety of medical specialties. Together we form a team that is focused on high-quality care delivered safely in an environment filled with compassion and service.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website