DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Medical City Dallas Acute Care Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant - PA Oncology and Stem Cell Transplant Schedule: Full Time Mon-Fri, rotating weekends We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Medical City Dallas was the first hospital in North Texas to achieve magnet status. As an ANCC Magnet medical center located in Dallas, we are designed with the health and well-being of the entire family in mind. While we focus on disease prevention, if treatment is necessary we provide our patients with some of the most highly specialized physicians in the country. Our medical center offers a full service adult and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, outpatient centers, and a psychiatric hospital. Being recognized for their excellence in patient care, Medical City has received numerous awards including the Joint Commission's highest honor bestowed to hospitals in the United States. You can play a key part in our continued success.
The Oncology and Stem Cell Transplant Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant is responsible for:
- This position involves the coordination of inpatient admission, treatment, follow-up, and discharge planning for the patient population served.
- The Advanced Practitioner evaluates, plans, and provides care for patients in consultation with and under the direct supervision of attending Physician.
- Performs clinical procedures under the direction of the attending physician and/or approved protocols.
- Acts as a clinical resource/role model for service lines served
- Provides and/or coordinates educational activities for both staff and patients.
- Partner with education programs to assist with training opportunities, facilitate orientation to the organization and oversee ongoing training of Advanced Practitioners, and manage the mentoring program for new Advanced Practitioners.
- Participate in research activities in compliance with IRB and regulatory agencies
- Contribute to the development and implementation care path/guidelines, as well as participate in the variance capture and analysis in an effort to enhance quality, service and resource management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MSN or Master's in Physician Assistant Services
- Minimum 3 years oncology clinical experience preferred.
Licensure /Certification Required:
- Current RN and APRN OR PA license in the State of Texas
- Certification as an ACNP by the ANCC and/or the AANP OR Certification as a PA by the NCCPA.
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider.
- Current American Heart Association ACLS provider within 3 months.
- Prescriptive Authority/DEA# within 1 year of hire.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website