DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Hematology / Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse (RN)
Schedule: Nights 7pm-7am, rotating weekends
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF UP TO $5,000 for eligible candidates!
At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Medical City Dallas, we believe deeply in making a difference in our patients' lives. As part of the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network, we offer patients convenient, community-based access to complex blood cancer care including bone marrow transplant (BMT), clinical trials and innovative therapies such as CAR T-Cell therapy. The Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Network brings together physician-led blood cancer programs across the United States and United Kingdom and is one of the largest providers of BMT. In fact, it conducts more than 1,000 transplants annually through six FACT accredited transplant centers and has performed more than 14,000 transplants since inception of its first program. Does this sound exciting? Our staff would love to talk to you about it.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Your role: Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) is an acute care unit where you will deliver phenomenal care for adult hematologic-oncology, autologous and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation patients, and patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy. In this role, you will be asked to provide the following services:
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous access devices and spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Bone marrow harvest recovery
- Pain Management and telemetry monitoring
- Diploma or Associate Degree from a professional nursing program
- BSN is required within 24 months of hire
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Current American Heart Association BLS provider
- ACLS required within one year of hire or transfer
- PALS preferred
- ONS Chemotherapy biotherapy certificate course required within 1 year of hire
- At least one year of RN experience ICU or BMT/hematology is strongly preferred
Medical City Dallas is part of HCA Healthcare the leader in healthcare delivery in the world. We have ranked on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and are ranked 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellent care. Are you intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity to improve the lives our patients compelling, we encourage you to apply. We will promptly review your application and if you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so you should apply today.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website