SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
*This is a remote position, Texas licensure required.*
Do you have the career opportunities as an Assessment Specialist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the Access Response Center (ARC), part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At the Access Response Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Repayment Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking an Assessment Specialist for our Access Response Center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into the industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
As an ARC Assessment Specialist, you will coordinate the pre-admission assessment process and provide clinical assessment for potential patients. You will work collaboratively with other Access Response Center team members to provide level of care assessments, expedite admissions and coordinate resources and information for the facility.
What will you do in this role:
- You will respond to all calls for psychiatry services and prioritize calls based on the level of need for your patient
- Identify the needs of the caller and patient within 15 minutes and initiate the request for an assessment immediately and no later than 60 minutes from initial request
- You will work with other team members of the Access Response Center (ARC) and coordinate activities to assure accurate record keeping and efficient patient flow
- For patients who are discharged, you will provide at least three appropriate in-network options and develop a discharge safety plan with the patient by using the approved discharge safety form
- Ensure EMTALA compliance at all times and report any concerns to the Access Response Director
What qualifications you will need:
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or related field; or higher education degree in Nursing, Bachelor's or Master's preferred
- Prefer 1-3 years' experience in a behavioral healthcare setting performing clinical assessments or in a clinical treatment setting for non-nurses
- RN's require 3-5 years' experience in an inpatient setting and prefer a demonstrated ability to complete crisis assessment
- Licensed to perform clinical assessments to determine level of care needs and to diagnose according to the current version of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual is required.
- Must hold and maintain current licensure as a mental health professional, such as Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or RN license (RN requires at least 3 years in an applicable mental health environment with demonstrated ability and competency to complete crisis assessments)
The Access Response Center (ARC) is a state of the art Behavioral Health clinical assessment and patient placement facility. The ARC clinical team is composed of Therapists, Social Workers, Counselors and Nurses who provide mental health assessments for patients of all ages located throughout the hospitals of HCA who may benefit from inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care. The wide variety of patient types that our clinical teams assess creates a dynamic and compelling experience for our professional staff. Further, the unique application of telehealth, as the means through which assessments are conducted, offer our team an experience with one of the most exciting advancements to contemporary clinical care. The ARC serves as a way to clinically assess and subsequently place patients into appropriate levels of care across multiple facilities using the innovation of telehealth. Professionals seeking an opportunity to apply their clinical assessment or patient placement skills within an environment that appreciates the emerging use of telehealth should find their work within the ARC a career choice that is fulfilling and rewarding.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Assessment Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website