SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Radiologic Technologist Medical City Lewisville PRN (As Needed) with call
Position Summary: Associate performs quality Diagnostic procedures in an accurately and timely manner. He/she operates diagnostic equipment and processes images. Associate prepares patient's X-ray room, equipment, supplies and medication as indicated and delivers patient services using various imaging modalities. Associate practices proper radiation safety techniques on all exams performed. He/she maintains safe environment for patients, visitors, staff and co- workers. Supports and helps achieve the departmental and hospital goals.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
- Obtains and checks physician's order and requisition for accuracy. (i.e., Patient charts, prescription, outpatient order).
- Prepares patient for exam. Positions and assists the patients onto the examination table.
- Prepares room, equipment and supplies for the exam. Follows prescribed safety techniques in administering general and specific radiographs by adjusting proper KVP, MA and desired exposure time. Position patient and selects proper film size.
- Observes proper Radiation safety techniques on all exams by completing pregnancy forms, utilizing lead shield.
- Processes images in accordance with Computed Radiography and PACS protocols.
- Performs portable procedures in Operating room, Intensive care units, Emergency room, Labor & Delivery, patient's room and any clinical areas.
- Records information on patient history and examination and records any unusual occurrences.
- Charges the patient with accurate procedure codes. Files the appropriate paperwork and records to the patient file.
- Participates in the departmental quality improvement program.
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the AVP/Director & Imaging Manager.
- Must be well trained to handle different ages and risk factors when performing diagnostic procedures.
- Works with students and department associates to a build the teamwork concept, quality patient care and good interpersonal skills.
- Efficient in the operation of PACS and Computed Radiography systems.
- Provides excellent customer service to our patients, visitors, staff and co-workers.
- Performs Point of Care Testing for Urine HCG and Creatinine. Calculates GFR.
- Attends staff meetings and in-services.
- Completes educational activities as assigned.
- Follows proper procedure for infection control.
- Assists physician's offices, outpatients and hospital associates promptly and courteously.
- Positively identifies the correct patient prior to the performance of procedure utilizing 2 patient identifiers.
- Must be registered/eligible by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) (R). If other modalities are performed and associate does not hold advanced certification for those modalities, associate shall obtain within 6 months of hire/promotion or completion of training program.
- Must possess Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) from TDH.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Graduate of an Accredited Radiologic Technology Program or equivalent with appropriate state licensure and National Registry(s).
- Previous experience preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
- Must be able to take call restricted to a 30-minute response time and work Hospital Holiday.
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
About Medical City Lewisville: Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. We are dedicated to providing family-centered care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate environment.
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you – our treasured patients – with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and compassionate setting.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website