DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered NurseEmergency Department Full-time – FT Days 7A – 7P Medical City North Hills is an award-winning 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital offers a full range of services, specializing in heart and vascular services, orthopedics, surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission for 2013 - 2015.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement including:
• A supportive and collaborative work environment
• Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
• A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
• Generous tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment and clinical certification support
• A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
• HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)POSITION SUMMARY The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (ER RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES • Administers medication, IV therapy and treatments to assigned patients in an effective and timely manner. • Performs triage functions; Assess patient immediately on arrival; Assigns category based on urgency of illness/injury. • Clinically proficient in emergency room nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient. • Accurately identify situations which require emergent or urgent responses and communicate those to the appropriate level of leadership in the organization utilizing the appropriate chain of command in the approach to problem solving.
QualificationsPOSITION QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION • ADN required; BSN preferred. LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS • Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted (TX State RN license required within 30 days of hire). • BLS and ACLS certification required at hire. • PALS or ENPC required within 90 days of hire. • TNCC required within one year of hire. EXPERIENCE • ER clinical experience preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website