Please note that this role will be working from the new Brooklyn facility by mid-2020.
This position oversees the daily operation and technical advancement of the Server, Web Application and Cloud Support department.
The Server, Web Application and Cloud manager is primarily responsible for:
- 16 Direct Reports plus occasional contractors
- Developing staff as well as personally remaining current with industry practices and technology advancements
- Driving projects to maintain current software versions, reduce cost and explore simplification within the environment
- Managing a $2.3 mill budget
- Maintains a direct working relationship with top management, key computer center users, equipment and services suppliers, affiliates, business partners and end users. Manages Cloud vendor relationships
- Manages daily service tickets and hardware/software deployments for servers, patch server and end-point device security vulnerabilities. Implement software upgrades (ex. Win10), and other related IT technology advancements (ex. new Citrix farm)
- Keeps current on new ideas and technology changes within the information technology industry to demonstrate and maintain a high level of expertise in the use of information systems concepts, products, technologies and techniques.
- Maintains a direct working relationship with management and data center customers to ensure that new business requirements are included in all technology changes.
- Provides input to long range hardware and software planning.
- Performs administrative duties and staff performance reviews as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Eight (8) or more years progressively responsible information systems experience.
- Five (5) years management experience.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Technical proficiency in computer hardware and software with experience in several of the following areas: Server builds both physical and virtual, Web Applications Support and Configuration, Vulnerability Patching, Citrix, VDIs, End-User Image creation, Microsoft software such as Windows, Sharepoint, Outlook, Exchange, Skype for Business, SCCM and Teams
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to frequently move items up to 50 pounds
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received this recognition!
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily. Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business casual attire
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company contribution
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to do things right and to help them get value from their health plan. We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 80 years, we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge, growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative, and driven people to help us continue to be the best health insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be! Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual we celebrate differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Apply on company website