MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina, is seeking a primary care physician to join a well-established cornerstone practice located conveniently on Highway 52 in Lake City, South Carolina. The family medicine practice currently includes one primary care physician and two highly skilled advanced practice providers, and will continue to grow and expand to better meet the primary care needs of the region.
This practice will be affiliated with MUSC's Black River Medical Center, a 25-bed hospital slated to open in January 2023. The brand new, state-of-the-art facility will bring high quality, innovative care closer to home for patients in Lake City and Williamsburg County, South Carolina.
About our opportunity:
- Desired candidate will be a team player who enjoys a small, rural community feeling
- Office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00am-5:00pm and Friday 8:00am-Noon
- Rotating call schedule
- Team currently consists of one physician, two APPs, clinical support for each provider, and a robust front office staff
- Ample exam rooms available to each provider to see patients
- CLIA waived lab on site for point-of-care testing
- Office is located in close proximity to CT and X-ray services
- Large existing patient base with an immediate practice opportunity available
We will provide:
- Total compensation in excess of the 75th percentile of MGMA standards
- Significant signing bonus commensurate with this outstanding opportunity
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) eligibility
- Additional Rural Health financial incentives available via South Carolina Area Health Education Consortium (SC AHEC)
- Occurrence malpractice coverage
- Employer-funded retirement plan
- CME allowance + time off
- Epic EMR platform
- MUSC affiliate faculty appointment, and the resources which accompany an academic medical center, such as access to the MUSC medical library
Primary Care providers at MUSC Health are dedicated to helping patients get healthy and stay healthy by promoting wellness, detecting and managing chronic conditions, and providing prompt care for sudden illnesses.
They build bridges between our health care system, patients, their families, and the communities where they live and work. As the first line of defense against illness, Primary Care providers are essential to MUSC's mission of providing exceptional patient-centered care to the people of South Carolina and beyond.
MUSC Health - Black River Medical Center is being built to replace Williamsburg and Lake City hospitals and will become part of the Florence Division of MUSC Health. This hospital will feature 25 licensed beds, full operating and diagnostic services, a 16-bay emergency department, and the latest capabilities in telehealth. The project represents MUSC's ongoing effort to extend its mission to communities and citizens across the state.
MUSC Health - Florence Medical Center is a regional acute care facility comprised of 396 beds, more than 1,500 employees and nearly 250 physicians representing all major specialties dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the citizens of Northeastern South Carolina. We offer acute care, diagnostic services, women's health, orthopedic services, cancer care, cardiac services, general and laparoscopic surgery, rehabilitation, emergency/trauma care, community health services and more.
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina, sees more than one million patient encounters annually, and its specialized care teams consistently rank among the best in the country. MUSC Health delivers transformational care shaped by world-class clinicians, health scientists, and educators who provide leading-edge care while developing the next generation of innovative health care leaders.
At MUSC Health, we empower our providers to transform expertise, learning and discovery into unrivaled patient-centered care, and to demonstrate our values of compassion, teamwork, diversity, accountability and innovation in everything we do.
Apply on company website