Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the quality of care to patients during episodic and chronic visits. Assists physicians(s) in all diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and provides education, counseling, and support to patients and their families. Coordinates and supervise daily clinical operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the quality of care to patients during episodic and chronic visits.
- Manages patient follow-up for both invasive and non-invasive surgical patients. Answers patients' clinical questions and determines best course of action for patients having symptoms or experiencing complications from procedures.
- Ensures that laboratory specimens are properly labeled, necessary paperwork is completed, and specimens are sent to the appropriate laboratory. Documents and files all laboratory results.
- Communicates patient's clinical information clearly and accurately in verbal and written format. Assures that medical record is current, accurate, and contains appropriate documentation.
- Implements medical orders and the primary medical care plan for each patient. Dispenses, orders, and administers medications (injection) in accordance with physician's plan of care.
- Triages patient telephone calls and visits, and documents patient phone calls. Answers clinical questions regarding diagnoses and treatment. Facilitates prescription refills.
- Records services and diagnosis on patients encounter form to facilitate appropriate billing.
- Coordinates and supervise daily clinical activities for the MA's, LPN's.
- Responsible for holding daily huddles.
- Ensures that tasks are assigned according to daily priorities and work flow.
- Education: Provides education to patients and their families regarding treatment plan and symptom management.
- Assesses the educational needs of patients related to their condition. Develops and/or implements a health education plan for each patient/family unit and for groups of patients.
- Provides symptom management strategies to patient in collaboration with physician.
- Refers patient to other resources if requested.
- Evaluation and Assessment: Assessment and revision for plan of care as needed.
- Completes nursing assessments and conducts ongoing assessments of patients and families.
- Evaluates patient progress, conveys information to the physician and coordinates appropriate follow up actions.
- Assists physician(s) with data collection.
- Prepares patients for physical examination and/or specimen collection.
- Assists physician(s) with invasive and noninvasive procedures and examinations.
- Available to see patients in the office to check vitals and discuss patient health status and chief complaint.
- Patient and Physician Relations: Oversees patient satisfaction and acts as a liaison for physicians, patients and MedStar Montgomery.
- Acts as a patient advocate and responds to incoming complaints and concerns to achieve maximum patient satisfaction. Monitors patient satisfaction levels at medical offices and ensures all patient complaints are handled to attain maximum patient satisfaction.
- Develops and implements strategies to monitor, evaluate and enhance patient satisfaction
- Practice Management: Oversees daily clinical operations of multiple specialty office.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that supports the practice and in accordance with MedStar Montgomery policies and procedures and ensures effective operations in all practices.
- Prepares employee work schedules and arranges adequate coverage to maintain optimum patient services with optimal efficiency.
- Selects, trains, orients, and assigns department staff. Develops standards of performance, evaluates performance, and conducts performance management planning. Initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Maintains ongoing communication with staff to review programs, provide feedback, discuss new developments, and exchange information.
- Assists in the development of department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. Ensures compliance with hospital policies and procedures and governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Contributes to the achievement of established service line goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards.
- Promotes reporting of events and tracks trends to identify potential improvement opportunities.
- Development: Maintains current knowledge, certification, and licensure.
- Practices within legal boundaries of applicable scope of practice and according to hospital policy and procedures.
- Identifies learning needs in self and initiates actions to address these education needs.
- Attends continuing education programs in order to maintain licensure.
- Attends hospital sponsored training programs as required by the department
- Completes all mandatory requirements, certifications, and licensure within allotted timeframe for completion (CPR, License, PPD)
- Organizational knowledge: Works effectively within and between departments
- Participates on inter-departmental teams and committees, communicating knowledge as appropriate.
- Provides department/unit with information and knowledge acquired during participation with interdepartmental teams and committees.
- Demonstrates a constructive approach during all interactions with staff, supervisors, and managers both inside and outside the office.
- AA Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing strongly preferred
- Maryland Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- CPR Certification
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Moderate Computer skills to perform data entry.
- Computerized clinical information systems: Clinicians View, ChartView, IDX, ARIA Spectrasoft.
- HIPAA policies on Confidentiality
- 3-5 years recent med/surg, experience
#IND123About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Apply on company website