Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Responsible to improve, maintain and repair all equipment used in manufacturing and distribution functions by troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues. Responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures while ensuring the work performed is in accordance with relevant codes.
What You'll be Doing:
- Support and execute plant specific maintenance strategies to achieve key plant performance goals.
- Partner with Maintenance Manager to review production goals and schedules as well as maintenance requests to plan or modify maintenance activities.
- Support planning, scheduling and maintenance activities while proactively maintaining all water treatment, refrigeration and boiler functions.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring and equipment.
- Perform maintenance as required on Ammonia units, refrigeration systems, boilers, chilled water, compressed air units and HVAC.
- Follow all regulatory guidelines on maintenance of various systems while completing accurate record keeping for compliance purposes.
- Perform routine and emergency maintenance (major and minor) of utilities systems in a multi-craft environment, including PLC, instrumentation, mechanical and equipment repair.
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance (PM) and timely work order completion for complex.
- Oversee contractors as needed.
- Lead and coordinate the work of other maintenance mechanics (Levels 1-3) as required.
- Provide direction and training to maintenance technicians for basic maintenance on complex equipment.
- Maintain excellent troubleshooting, mechanical and electrical skills.
- May complete Maintenance Manager duties in their absence.
- Perform other duties as requested by Maintenance Manager.
- Practice 200% safety accountability for self and others.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- HS diploma/GED required.
- RETA Certification required.
- Certification in electrical, instrumentation or mechanical maintenance, refrigeration, Ammonia operation and Waste Treatment operation.
- Formal apprenticeship completion and/or journeyman master certification.
- Mechatronics certifications for Levels 1-7 completed.
- 5-7 years of hands-on manufacturing maintenance and electrical systems experience.
- Previous maintenance and electrical experience in a food manufacturing setting preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO) and Lean Manufacturing process.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Working knowledge with mechanical and electrical component maintenance and repair practices.
- Skilled in Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Meijer leadership.
- Proficient with hydraulic, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot both mechanical and electrical issues and devise effective maintenance plan for repair process.
- Skilled in application of electrical testing devices.
- Working knowledge with ammonia/HVAC and refrigerant systems.
- Proficient with office technology tools (ex: MS Office).
- Working knowledge of electrical component maintenance and repair practices.
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
Apply on company website