Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This role acts as liaison between A/E design firms and field contractors to communicate design solutions that meet business needs. Transforms initial conceptual designs using CAD into working layout documents. Prepares technical layouts, equipment lists, and specifications to be used as source documents for A&E construction drawings or contractor project implementation.
What You'll be Doing:
- Involvement in project drawing development under the direction of project managers.
- Knowledge of major design disciplines (Architectural, mechanical, electrical, structural, etc.) to assist in development and review of construction document creation.
- Assist in the development of conceptual plans.
- Work with estimator towards the development of projects budgets.
- Partner with Layout Designers to identify, scopes and solution development for design issues. Investigate potential options and articulates design needs to project implementers.
- Produces layout drawings and corresponding equipment list.
- Assist the CAD Librarian regarding equipment specification information.
- Produce fixture and layout prototype drawings and renderings.
- Adhere to a schedule driven work load.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent retail experience.
- 3+ years of experience in CAD.
- CAD drafting skills are required (Bentley Microstation experience a plus).
- Working knowledge of CAD drawings as related to: CAD drawing file structures, CAD standards (text, dimensions, and etc.), Cell placement (block in AutoCAD), Lineal and Square footage tactics, use of DXF's, Level management (layers in AutoCAD), Reference file management, drawing or project modeling, Sections/Details, and excel knowledge.
- Good analytical skills; attention to detail and able to work in a fast paced schedule driven environment.
- Understanding of applicable building codes, state/federal laws and standards as they relate to retail design.
Apply on company website