Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!This position works within the Meijer Properties/Construction department working closely with design resources, construction management firms, general contractors, and other consultants to administrate construction projects. This role is accountable for budgeting, bidding, contract awards, and all construction-related financial reporting. Manages pre-construction activities and is the primary project execution strategist. Approves all contractor invoices, change orders, etc. including release of final payments and retention.
What You'll be Doing:
- Function as a resource to Meijer Design, outside A/E firms, etc., during design development.
- Estimate, budget, and establish detailed construction cost projections.
- Administer construction purchase orders.
- Oversee pre-construction, construction, and post construction activities.
- Project reporting which includes risk strategy, bid results, job costs, progress update, and closeout.
- Coordinate with Business Partners in the field execution of projects.
- Regulatory compliance which includes storm water pollution prevention safety and permit requirements.
- Responsible for project closeout, final reporting, administers warranties and compliance with document retention requirements.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of proven success in construction project management.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction drawings and technical specifications.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Familiar with commercial construction practices, Project Management software, accounting systems, etc.
Apply on company website