Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!As a Curbside Grocery Shopper/Cashier, you will build customer loyalty and satisfaction by providing remarkable service for Meijer Pickup Service with fast, friendly and accurate order fulfillment and payment collection.
ALL EXPERIENCE LEVELS WELCOME; WILLING TO TRAIN
PREVIOUS GROCERY, RETAIL OR CASHIER EXPERIENCE A PLUS
What You'll be Doing:
- Maintain a positive working relationship with customers, team members, and leadership.
- Present a courteous and friendly attitude towards customers (in person and on phone) and respond to their questions and needs promptly.
- Resolve customer questions and concerns quickly r
- Receive work assignment from order system and fill orders for the day.
- Utilize selection process for product within the store and bag product appropriately following bagging standards.
- Store product correctly in the staging area following food safety guidelines.
- Greet each customer and take payment for the order ensuring an easy shopping experience.
- Maintain a clean and neat work environment.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Reliable and consistent attendance required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Bring with You (Qualifications):
- Must be18 years of age or older.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Be Customer Service Oriented
- Provide a sense of urgency with every customer request
- 1 - 3 years or more of Customer Service experience is helpful.
- Must have the ability to move around the store safely and quickly while filling several orders at once.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays per business needs.
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position to include bending, bagging groceries and loading and unloading shopping cart.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of merchandise.
- 1-3 years of experience in a Meijer Store or other Grocery Retailer a plus.
- Past cashier experience is helpful.
- Must be comfortable using basic technology.
- Strong communication skills.
- General awareness of food safety regulations.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Process driven and ability to follow procedures in an organized and efficient way.
Apply on company website