Today, with our current team members, we have the strength to help you grow in any career direction you want, whether in our stores, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities or our Midwest corporate offices. It's your future, maybe it starts with Meijer.
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Meijer is seeking an engaged, experienced Human Resources Generalist for the S. Adams Rd - Rochester Hills, MI location.
The Store HR Representative provides HR support and assistance to store leadership through coaching and guidance on HR related matters including; staffing, workforce planning, training & development, retention, onboarding, employee relations, compensation, EEO, safety, HR policy, etc. The Store HR Representative partners closely with store leadership and the regional HR team to champion the HR goals and strategies for the store.
MUST HAVE 2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WORKING AS AN HR GENERALST, SR. HR GENERALIST OR HIGHER POSITION
MUST HAVE 2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND INVESTIGATIONS
What You'll be Doing:
- Oversee effective orientation, onboarding & training to drive engagement and retention.
- Champions engagement through mTeam, mCulture, mPerformance & other HR key initiatives.
- Ensures and facilitates effective communication to all team members in the store. Engages leadership to communicate and follow up with team members.
- Assist in the reporting, analysis, execution and follow up pertaining to talent management, talent development, talent acquisition, and total rewards processes and programs.
- Provides guidance to store leadership on career development resources for their team members, run reports and track progress of Individual development plans, talent profiles, development goals, training completion, and overall development efforts.
- Through the guidance of the HR Market Manager, provides consultation, direction, and recommendations to leadership regarding employee relations activities, dispute resolution procedures, corrective and disciplinary actions, terminations and EEO matters affecting employment.
- Assists with the investigation and resolution of employee complaints or policy violations.
- Provides business partner support regarding company policies and procedures covering the areas of employee relations, compensation and payroll, benefits administration, talent development, talent management, and disability management services.
- Support HR Market Managers with projects as needed.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other administrative duties as assigned or required.
- Assist with the staffing, interview and selection process of leadership and non-leadership roles within the store and manage the applicant tracking system and applications for positions within the store.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- REQUIRED: 2 years of experience working as an HR Generalist, SR. HR Generalist or higher
- REQUIRED: 2 years of experience leading investigations and engaged Employee Relations
- High School or equivalency required. Associate Degree or above in Human Resources preferred.
- Ability to present thought leadership, demonstrate leadership presence, and be approachable
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively and actively
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written as well as the ability to facilitate both small and large groups in a variety of forums including formal presentations, working meetings, business reviews and informal discussions. Demonstrated ability to design effective meetings and small group interactions including one to one discussions and conflict mediations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and to build a positive rapport with all levels of the organization (up, down and sideways)
- High Energy and adaptable
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Tenacity, emotional consistency, and courage to manage/address difficult situations
- Schedule flexibility when business needs exist
- Demonstrate confidentiality and ability to instill trust
Apply on company website