As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family – take care of your career and your community!
Paid parental leave
Paid education assistance
Care.com/back-up care assistance
Team member discount
Development programs for advancement and career growth
Please review the job profile below and apply today!Are you looking to be a part of a growing organization? Do you have a passion for developing future leaders? Then consider an opportunity to be a Store Director at Meijer in the South Detroit Market to include the following locations:
Carpenter Rd - Ypsilanti, MI
Saline Rd - Ann Arbor, MI
Scio Twp, MI
Lincoln Park, MI
Flat Rock, MI
Allen Park, MI
In this role, you will be accountable for Team Members at all levels to ensure delivery of the best possible shopping experience for our customers. You will be responsible for the total operation of the store while leading the unit in a manner consistent with our leadership expectations and core values to maximize the company's financial success. You will provide remarkable customer service and financial stability through the core functions of Retail Operations as well as maintain all operational and merchandising standards. The Store Director will develop a team that consistently meets goals for productivity and customer service.
A career at Meijer is more than a way to pay the bills. We provide a variety of benefits that contribute to a positive work-life balance:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Days Off (effective on Start Date)
- Competitive Wages
- Weekly Pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision (effective on Start Date)
- 401K (participate starting day one)
- Education Reimbursement (up to $2,000 per year)
- Career Growth
- Paid Parental Leave
- 10% Team Member Discount
- ....and Much More
What You'll be Doing:
As Store Director, you will use your retail leadership and service expertise as a positive force for your store and your team's success. When you bring your ‘A-Game' - Acknowledging, Assisting and Appreciating your customers - the ‘WOW' moments will create meaningful experiences for our customers and team members. Do you have proven abilities to analyze financial data, provide excellent customer service, and develop future leaders?
- Use your skills to maximize sales and maintain fiscal responsibility.
- Provide excellent customer service throughout store operations.
- Mentor and coach all team members and leaders to ensure goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensure the store is properly staffed with well-trained team members as well as work to professionally develop existing team members.
- Work to maintain all corporate, safety, and regulatory procedures to provide a safe and stable work environment.
- Be a strong community partner by cultivating relationships in the local community to support the Meijer brand.
What You Bring With You (Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree or have the equivalent retail experience
- Have 5 years of retail/service industry experience
- Have 3 years of leadership experience including management of leaders with direct reports
- Minimum 3 years of retail leadership experience with General Merchandise and Grocery/Fresh experience preferred
- Experience in leading retail or service operation with $40 million minimum in annual sales revenue (through single or multi-unit responsibility)
- Position may require lifting, carrying, and other physical acts.
Apply on company website