Position Summary This position is responsible to provide leadership to the areas of employee relations, engagement and leadership development. This includes succession planning, organizational development, employee engagement, diversity, retention and employee on-boarding. Accountable for the design, development and implementation of organizational and human resources programs that support and contribute to extraordinary employee engagement. Leads integration of system-wide performance development programs maximizing employee performance and engagement, organization effectiveness, design and implementation of training initiatives and assessment of outcomes as it relates to strategic impact. Performs work independently, provides leadership, guidance, consultation, and supervision to achieve all business goals and objectives. In partnership with VP, HR participates in strategic planning and discussion at all levels of leadership on workforce engagement issues, programs, and analysis in support of effective workforce development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a strategic partner to management, advises and guides in the interpretation and application of HR policies, programs, processes, and regulatory compliance.
- Provides employee/labor relations consultation to management including identifying and resolving HR issues in the organization.
- Analyzes statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of problems and to develop recommendations for improvement of HR policies and practices.
- Incorporates the use of technology and sound business processes into the administration of HR programs and services.
- Designs or directs the preparation and distribution of written, electronic and verbal information to inform employees of human resources policies and procedures.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and reports to management and staff regarding human resource management policies and practices and recommendations for change.
- Represents the HR Dept. in local and MHS-wide Value Added Teams, Councils, and other leadership forums.
- Ensures that the organization is compliant with all Leave Administration and Workers Compensation state and federal laws.
- Liaison for the hospitals light duty program and employee health.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinate staff.
- Assesses training and development needs of staff and provides direction to improve performance.
- Motivates and develops staff and identifies the best people for the job.
- Facilitates and leads large management retreats/meetings.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize demanding workload.
- Performs related duties as required.
Apply on company website