- Greets and registers patients' timely, updating demographic information in a polite and helpful manner. Manages the patient flow to accommodate the provider's flow and productivity expectations.
- Demonstrates proper cash handling procedures and accuracy in collecting and receipting co pays and deductibles. Collect patient payments and balances per office protocols.
- Exhibits the ability to understand and explain most insurance and billing questions as it pertains to the patient's coverage and co-payment.
- Reviews all visits on a daily basis, auditing for any discrepancies, i.e. missing charges, diagnoses, and other services.
- Exhibits knowledge of essential reports from the Practice Management system pertaining to the specific position.
- Receives incoming telephone calls; documents messages appropriately in the correct templates or other office formats.
- Follows all office-specific protocols pertaining to telephone triage; utilizes approved guidelines for medical advice given and appropriate follow up timeframes (if applicable).
- Practices customer service skills in all encounters with the patients, physicians and staff.
- Follows office protocols for scheduling in the Practice Management system; conducts patient interactions in a way that protects patient's right to privacy. Follows and implements all HIPAA requirements.
- Scans, files, maintain records/logs and/or assists with office supply ordering and/or distribution for efficient Front Office operation. Completes patient forms and requests for records in the required timeframe and keeps Practice Manager apprised of any delays in meeting the requirement.
- Performs other duties as assigned; accepts additional responsibilities when requested to do so.
Apply on company website