At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Perform all respiratory care modalities in the palliative and curative treatment of pulmonary disease and disorders. Perform bedside diagnostic tests to evaluate the extent of pulmonary dysfunction. Manage and monitors mechanical ventilation and artificial airways. Assists with fiberoptic bronchoscopy (FOB) procedures. Maintains a working knowledge of standard operating procedures. This includes standards on accurate and timely documentation, standard work, and department and hospital policy and procedure. Maintains a knowledge of specialized equipment and related computerized equipment. Each department member will maintain a professional image, professional communication, appearance, and conduct. Participates in continuous improvement, quality control, and preventative maintenance. Performs other duties as assigned. This position requires the full understanding of and active participation in fulfilling the mission of Saddleback Memorial Medical Center. It is expected that the employee demonstrate behavior consistent with the core values. The employee shall support Saddleback Memorial Medical Center's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the performance improvement plan.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Perform all respiratory care modalities in the treatment of pulmonary disease and disorders as required in job description.
- Manage individual scope of work assignment in a timely manner, documents therapy in the electronic medical record (EMR) and ensures all charge capture is performed in a manner consistence with department policy.
- Assesses respiratory care patient needs by assessing patient care needs and collaborating with other health care providers to ensure quality care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and adjusts therapy and plan of care accordingly.
- Conscientiously takes steps to provide and protect the safety of patients, self and others.
- Takes accountability of personal and professional development and contributes to the professional development of others.
- Ensures personal accountability for organization and department specific updates and communication through department huddles and roll call.
Apply on company website