This is your opportunity to have a significant impact at a new, cutting-edge startup delivering disruptive technology that will drive electronic systems innovation across a diverse range of industries. You will work with Menlo Micro and their proprietary and proven Ideal Switch technology -- electromechanical switches that are smaller than the width of a human hair and are architected to be scalable, depending on the power ratings required.
We are seeking a Senior ATE Test Engineer who isn't interested in maintaining the status quo, but instead, sees the possibilities and is passionate about pushing technology forward. If that sounds like you, this rare, ground floor position could be your ideal opportunity. Consider a few of the advantages of joining us.
- Enjoy the best of both worlds: the innovative, energized, growth atmosphere of a startup, built on a strong and stable foundation of investors — industry giants GE Ventures, Corning and Paladin Capital — and fully realized products.
- Impact the entire testing cycle by developing, improving and implementing test solutions that span our entire portfolio of products. Quick question for you - click here
- Work closely with top minds in the electronic systems and semiconductor industries, including our CTO and Senior VP of Operations who have been at the heart of developing Menlo's MEMS switch technology since its conception.
- Create a legacy of work that will truly make a difference — work you can be proud of.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, Menlo Micro is a spin-off from GE Global Research that is leveraging more than 10-years of R&D and GE's proven Digital-Micro-Switch (DMS) technology to create a scalable product development platform that drives disruptive shifts in digitally controlled, RF, smart, high-power switching applications with Smart-Relay-Systems. Our goal is to enable the future of Power IoT and Communications today.
Pictured: The Menlo Micro MM5120 is the world's first generally available high-power RF SP4T micro-mechanical switch. We have developed a new fabrication process and applied it to DC and wideband RF/microwave switch applications. This new innovative technology enables robust and highly reliable switches capable of greater than 25 W CW power handling at 6.0 GHz. To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Senior ATE Test Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- BS or MS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, physics or a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience as a test engineer.
- In-depth understanding of MEMS or semiconductor electrical operation and theory.
- A demonstrated ability for innovation through design, develop, de-bug and implement new MEMS or semiconductor device test systems and hardware.
- Experience with ATE Handler and Prober interfaces.
- Experience developing test automation and data analysis scripts.
- Experience using sound DOE practices for device electrical characterization.
- Experience with Mixed Signal device test and test systems required.
- Exposure to LabView a plus.
- Ni TestSTAND and STM a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead focused test teams.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Willingness to travel between 10-25% of time.
- Experimental excellence and effective teamwork in process problem solving.
- The ability to investigate, find root cause, and correct device test and test systems related problems. A desire to be a critical problem solver and innovator.
- Industrial experience in MEMS device test.
- Experience with RF device test and test systems.
- Experience with Power switching device test and test systems.
- Experience working with NPI teams on early integration of test requirements in upfront new banding methodology.
As a Senior ATE Test Engineer, you will be responsible for developing both the engineering and production test infrastructure that supports MEMS and Microsystem product evolution from the synthesis of experimental DC to RF data through volume based manufacturing test. Also critical in this role, will be your responsibility to initiate and develop test automation scripts for automated data capture and analysis. In this role, you will report to the Senior Test Manager and develop novel test infrastructure for device applications in healthcare, wireless infrastructure, mobile communications, test and measurement systems and power switching.
We will look to you to evaluate test solutions and transpose them to hardware and software design for the purposes of the test. This will include the design of qualifications and test methodologies, critical test programs and characterizations of test programs.
You will work in a team environment supporting the Operations and Technology teams to deliver novel bench test systems to characterize the full range of DC through RF (60GHZ and beyond) properties of MEMS-based switching devices at power levels from mW through KW's. You will work closely with New Technology Introduction and New Product Introduction teams to coordinate the development of new bench and production test infrastructure requirements and deliver the new test systems. You will also lead the development of new and novel volume-based production test systems for DC through RF devices. In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for increased test capacity and throughput as well as for expanding the team's knowledge of device electrical failure modes and leveraging these failure modes to continuously improve all test infrastructure. You will work in a fast-paced and adaptive team environment that is developing innovative technology with impact on broad industrial and commercial products.
- DFT-Develop and implement the company's product-specific test roadmap to secure outgoing quality at the lowest cost
- Design, development, de-bugging, implementation and operation of new and novel DC through RF bench test equipment
- Design, development, de-bugging, implementation and operation of new and novel DC through RF volume production test equipment
- Implement automated data acquisition, analysis scripts and protocols across all test platforms
- Implement and drive device validation and qualification and final test processes
- Implement and drive device test aspects of reliability, process and yield improvements
- Ensure test needs are part of new product introduction processes
- Work across organizations to develop and drive best in class electrical test and data communication processes
- Drive sound electrical failure mode analysis and DOE style experimental practices
- Maintain the bench and production test infrastructure
- Comply with all company quality and safety policies and procedures
Make your mark
We've been in business three years and, while our first-year revenues were in the millions, we're still a small group -- that means every position is important. You'll work in a fast-paced and adaptive team environment that is developing innovative technology with impact on broad industrial and commercial products.
You will help us drive success nearly from the beginning. This is your chance to be part of a high-potential business, and as we grow, you can grow along with us, building a long-term career home. You will showcase your ability to acquire and manipulate data, make decisions independently and hone your product.
Born out of a decade-long effort at General Electric's Global Research Center, Menlo Micro is bringing to the market a series of technology innovations that have enabled us to reinvent one of the most essential and fundamental building blocks required for nearly every electronic system imaginable . . . the switch. To read more about our technology follow the hyperlink, but be sure to come back to submit your resume/application: Menlo Micro Technology.
You'll work with seasoned leaders with decades of combined experience and wins ranging from past startup success to success at major corporations, as well as with talented individual contributors. All or our team members bring tremendous skill and a proven track record of success, ranging from important journal publications to a plethora of patents to business and leadership successes, both domestic and international, and more. You will add your own strong skills to that talent, and also have plenty of opportunities to learn and further develop your skills.
Unlike most startups, we have a decade of research behind us and $18.7 million backing to get us started. We already have clients with needs ranging from home automation to wireless power-charging and are in production with a product that will support GE's MRI technology. In fact, we're already so far along that we've added a supply chain team and we just launched the business in December 2016! In other words, you will enjoy the entrepreneurial atmosphere of a high-potential startup without worrying about the usual startup risks.
Excellent compensation and perks
We value our employees and offer:
- Competitive compensation and a robust, comprehensive benefits plan that includes a range of insurances, a 401(K) plan, paid time off and more.
- Equity! You're joining us on the ground floor and can earn stock options, which could be lucrative over the long term.
- Great work/life balance. While this is not a 9-5 role, we don't work typical startup hours. We still enjoy most evenings and weekends away from the office.
Your technical expertise and dedication to sound engineering testing principles will be critical, but in our small environment, your interpersonal and communication skills also will be essential. Additionally, you should be comfortable in a rapidly growing environment where ambiguity is the norm. You're entering on the ground floor, so you can still help shape product engineering processes and procedures and help us align our priorities moving forward. Flexibility and adaptability will be critical to success.
Pictured: The MM3100 device is a high power, normally open (NO), six-channel single pole/single throw (SPST) micro-mechanical switch for RF and microwave switch applications. Innovations in the switch material system enable robust and highly reliable switches capable of >25 W that are an ideal replacement for pin diode switches in high power radio applications.
Apply on company website