Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Technologist ASCP you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Menorah Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Menorah Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Technologist ASCP where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Medical Lab Technician (MLT) conducts routine and complex laboratory tests in toxicology, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and/or microbiology for use in patient diagnosis and treatment of disease. Join our team of dedicated professionals that is committed to delivering the best patient care.
What you will do in this role:
- You will perform chemical, bacteriological, serological and microscopic procedures in one or more laboratory sections.
- You will produce accurate results in hematology, serology, chemistry, blood bank, coagulation, urinalysis, microbiology and other areas as designated.
- You will maintain quality results by running standards and controls, calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures, verifying equipment function through routine maintenance and monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree in laboratory science or related science required OR “Grandfathered” as a medical technologist by CLIA 88
- MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), MLS (ASCP) or, as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible.
- Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire.
- Experience preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Menorah Medical Center is a full-service, 190 bed acute care hospital and ER. We are located in Overland Park and Leawood, Kansas. Our hospital serves the community's healthcare needs by providing compassionate care. We have world-class medical colleagues and more than 600 physicians. Our team offers exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, teens, and children. We offer some of the most advanced treatment choices available in the Kansas City region. Our hospital network continues to be a pioneer in cancer care. We are home to a certified Breast Center of Excellence, the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, and the region's only Genitourinary Cancer clinic. We offer a Robotic Surgery Center of Excellence, Women's Center, Bariatric Program, and an inpatient rehabilitation center.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist ASCP opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website