This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by providing compassionate assistance to patients regarding financial matters associated with services provided by Mercy Medical Center and MSO clients. Job Duties
- Greets all visitors and guests upon arrival.
- Confers with guarantor/patient, Medical Staff and other hospital/clinic personnel in order to ensure prompt and full payment on accounts.
- Documents all conversations and actions taken into the Practice Management System.
- Accepts payment by phone and established payment arrangements according to established policies.
- Responds to inquiries, written, phone, and in person regarding guarantor accounts.
- Prepares financial hardship papers for guarantor.
- Maintains guarantor work queues according to procedure, clearly defining next actions and follow-up dates on all accounts.
- Works with collection agencies and virtual liaison to resolve account balances.
- Participates in training new Financial Advocates and is supportive of new staff, working for their successful orientation.
- Attends staff meetings regularly (as per hospital policy) unless called upon to provide coverage for other staff members to attend.
- Receives and routes all miscellaneous calls from call center.
- Updates demographic insurance information into the billing system as appropriate.
- Preferred knowledge of EPIC software.
- Preferred proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient in operation of computer, calculator, filing systems, copy/fax machines and telephone system.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent public relations and human relations - exemplifies The Mercy Touch.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Exhibits good judgement.
- Handles confidential information with discretion and diplomacy.
- Commitment to life-long learning, e.g. willingness to learn/upgrade skills related to duties.
- Flexibility and dependability, works well with a wide variety of individuals and leadership styles.
- Ability to work with minimal to no supervision.
One year previous experience in medical office, medical business office or insurance industry.
One year direct customer service experience
Cash handling experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent strongly preferred. Relevant experience to be considered in lieu of degree.
Apply on company website