This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by providing exceptional, quality services and goods to our customers in the clinical areas throughout Mercy Medical Center. This is achieved by cleaning and sterilizing instruments/trays as well as overseeing all central sterile processes to ensure patient safety. The Lead CS Technician has advanced knowledge of central sterile roles, demonstrates leadership skills and serves as an education resource. Job Duties
- Monitors supplies for the department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and troubleshooting skills for CS, equipment and tracking systems. Runs reports in tracking systems and shares concerns with manager.
- Coordinates and supervises the cleaning, wrapping, and maintenance of sterile supplies/instruments/trays in CS according to established guidelines.
- Develops, organizes, or delivers educational information in department meetings and in services.
- Serves as an educational resource and has advanced knowledge of central sterile (CS) roles, job duties and equipment.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and takes an active role within the department. Routinely functions as charge.
- Routinely orients and mentors new employees.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in relationship to prioritizing needs of the department and the OR and serves as a positive role model and mentor while reinforcing cooperation, collaboration and respect.
- Assists vendors/reps as needed.
- Completes required documentation for Central Sterile.
- Completes required testing for sterilizers and washers.
- Delivers sterilized trays, instruments, and linen to floors and picks up dirty trays and instruments from floors.
- Packages and sterilizes trays, instruments, and linen.
- Assembles instrument trays.
- Cleans and inspects instruments for cleanliness and/or damage, including scope equipment.
- Must read, write, speak, and comprehend English fluently.
- Perform simple math.
- Able to work with frequent interruptions and handle multiple tasks.
- Meets qualifications and responsibilities of the Central Sterile Technician.
- Serves as a model of service excellence for the department.
- Participates in decision-making activities.
- Minimum 2 years' experience required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Graduate of Surgical Technology Program preferred.
- Certified Registered Central Sterile Technician certification required.
Apply on company website