***External Applicants Earn up to $6,000 Sign on Bonus!***Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Job Duties
- Responds appropriately to emergencies and life-threatening situations.
- Provides limited intravenous therapy under the direct supervision of an RN in accordance with the Iowa Board of Nursing scope of practice (N/A for Hospice)
- Performs bedside nursing care under the direct supervision of an RN.
- Effectively organizes and prioritizes daily work and makes adjustments, taking into consideration the needs of the patient, department, physicians, and other staff.
- Accepts telephone and verbal orders from physicians and mid-level providers
- Consistently communicates appropriate patient information to care providers, registered nurses and other members of the health care team in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to implement and evaluate patient response to the plan of care.
- Makes observations and collects data on assigned patients and provides input into the plan of care based on the information collected.
- Ensures that accurate and clinically relevant information is communicated with patients, their families, and co-workers at hand offs and other times as needed. Take all measures necessary to ensure that the appropriate and involved parties have communicated necessary information in order to allow for the best possible patient outcomes
Department Specific Duties
- Performs care conference assessments as assigned to help create a plan of care for best resident outcomes.
- Reviews staffing during each shift to ensure proper staffing compliment to resident's needs; making arrangements as needed to fill staffing gaps.
- Works efficiently and independently in the charge nurse role.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and abilities.
- Sound background in basic nursing principles and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to provide safe and effective basic nursing care.
- Professional Experience
- Previous patient care tech or Licensed Practical Nurse experience preferred.
- Previous experience in long term care preferred
- Education sufficient to obtain LPN licensure.
- Licensure, Certification, Registration
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS), in accordance with the American Heart Association (required).
- Currently licensed to practice as a LPN in the state of Iowa or compact state (required).
- Iowa Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter training required. Employee must submit certification of completed training to Human Resources prior to start or hire date.
- Physical Demand Requirements
- Heavy: Exert 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 25-50 lbs. of force frequently
Apply on company website