This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by performing administrative and clinical duties in an outpatient setting including limited medication administration in the outpatient setting. Job Duties
- Maintains inventory in rooms
- Practices standard precautions
- Performs front offices duties including telephone, reception, medical records and scheduling
- Instructs patients as directed by the RN or physician
- Prepares patient for physician's exam
- Escribes orders
- Collects health history and med list
- Manages room turnover and patient flow
- Performs accurate measurement of patient statistics to include vitals, height and weight
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of medication purpose, side effects and administration procedure
- Administers oral, SubQ and IM medications under the direct supervision of an RN or physician
- Knowledge of administrative and clinical functions in a physician office settting.
- One year experience working in a medical office setting preferred
- Education sufficient to obtain Medical Assistant Certification
- Certified Medical Assistant required.
- Iowa Dependent Adult Abuse & Iowa Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter training required. Employee must submit certification of completed training to Human Resources prior to start or transfer date.
- Medium: Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently
Apply on company website