This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by serving fresh, nutritious food in a caring manner to patients, family and staff. Responsible for portioning, dishing and serving of food items for patient meals in an attractive, accurate and sanitary manner. Properly cleans and sanitizes dishes, maintains a safe work environment and adheres to regulatory guidelines. Job Duties
- Monitors dish machine temperature and reports deficiencies. Ensures dishes are clean, sanitized and dry; returns to appropriate area of the kitchen.
- Prioritize tasks to be ready for meal service at specified time.
- Makes food or item substitutions when necessary.
- Delivers and retrieves patient trays within the specified times.
- Communicates effectively to staff in other areas through use of voceras, phone or computer.
- Prepares special nourishment and tube feeding orders and deliver to correct units in an accurate manner.
- Operates equipment, demonstrate portion control and meet regulatory agency requirements.
- Monitors quality of food products and service, including temperatures. Take corrective action when needed.
- Perform tasks of patient tray set up and delivery, ware washing, and cleaning to meet regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge and support of the patient improvement scores. Articulate Press Ganey scores.
- Must be able to utilize dietary guidelines for patient tray setup.
- Ability to perform duties within the time constraints of meal service.
- Must be able to perform job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Effective verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate quality customer service.
- Demonstrate competency in specific skills as identified in the position core competency and annual competency.
- Proficiently operate and maintain equipment associated with their job.
- One or more years of previous food service experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Apply on company website