- This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by proficiently performing technical skills and providing assistance to surgeons, anesthesia personnel, registered nurses, and other professionals in the operating room. Will also function proficiently as a first scrub in one additional specialty and may function in the second circulator role.
- Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Job Duties
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of asepsis and consistently maintains sterile technique.
- Performs first scrub role on core cases of assigned services and anticipates the surgeon's requests.
- Demonstrates basic anatomy related to procedures
- Ensures all necessary items and equipment are in the room prior to case.
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization and disinfection as evidenced by practice.
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, procedures and correct use or protective barrier equipment.
- Conducts accurate sponge, needle and instrument counts according to departmental policies in conjunction with RN. Performs first scrub role on core cases.
- Understands and uses instrumentation/equipment properly considering the maintenance, safety and availability.
Department Specific Duties
- Performs Surgical Assistant duties as needed.
- Job Duties
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques used by various surgeons for various procedures
- Maintains technical skill level and adapts to changes in surgical technique and operative intervention modalities.
- Demonstrates constructive approach during all interactions with staff and nurse manager toward the organization
- Completes work assignments on time/readily accepts assignments, as observed by nurse manager
- Professional Experience
- Graduate of a Surgical Technology Program or equivalent experience required.
- Licensure, Certification, Registration
- Currently certified in Basic Cardiac Life Support in accordance with the American Heart Association
Apply on company website