We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for managing internal and external audits, surveys and risk assessments by working with Ministry Office and others to determine and document findings and recommendations.
- Issues reports, complies data for responses, etc. related to findings and recommendations of internal & external audits, surveys & risk assessments.
- Conducts research, provides references and guidance on Compliance and HIPAA matters to internal customers.
- Develops and presents to various learners, compliance/privacy education and training. Tracks activities accordingly.
- Manages investigations on privacy and compliance issues and complaints. Initiates corrective action and process improvement as indicated. Communicates with patients and/or relevant parties in person, via phone and/or written methods.
- Tracks and maintains accurate information in Compliance department databases and files.
- Complies/presents various Compliance reports, meeting agendas, minutes, etc.
- Coordinates various Compliance meetings.
- Maintains knowledge and experience pertaining to healthcare regulatory requirements in areas such as HIPAA, Medicare, Stark, etc.
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: A bachelor's degree in a related field.
Experience: Minimum 5 years' experience in a health care setting, preferably in billing, medical records, auditing, HIPAA Privacy, finance or clinical setting.
Other: Knowledge of healthcare operations.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website