We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing Planning & Community Engagement, the Director, Marketing Planning is responsible for leading the development of regional and local marketing plans, representing each region/community in the development of ministry-wide marketing plans. These plans will serve as the basis of budgetary investment, operational focus & deployment, with a concentration on driving patient growth & retention. The Director will be responsible for client relationship management in their region and communities, representing Integrated Marketing as an ambassador. This position will work closely with local operational leadership and other Integrated Marketing teams to ensure coordination and prioritization of work efforts and reporting. The leader will perform all duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the mission and values of Mercy.
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications or similar area of study preferred
- 15+ years of progressive experience in marketing and communications or other leadership experience; demonstrated track record for success
- Minimum of five years of experience in building, supervising and mentoring a team
- Health care experience preferred
- Credible and articulate, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to senior leader teams
- A highly analytical approach, used in a wide range of responsibilities
- Ability to lead and communicate across the region
- Ability to extract meaning and suggest action items from data, not just report metrics
- Innovative and creative thinking balanced with pragmatism (big-picture thinking)
- Organizational leadership and team development (leads through influence)
- Intellectual horsepower (highly analytical and strategic)
- Drives for results in prioritized manner (balanced sense of urgency)
- Listening skills, minimal ego (listen first, then respond)
- Complex problem-solving, with hands-on ability (create options, then converge)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Agile (can adapt quickly to a changing environment)
- Collaborative (works with peers across many functionalities within the company)
- Financially minded (P&L responsibility and mindset)
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to relay analytical insight to stakeholders, with various levels of analytical and digital knowledge and at all levels of the organization
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continual improvement
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Possess high degree of integrity and moral character
- Organized, reliable self-starter with strong creative thinking, analytical, problem-solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to perform effectively at leadership level
- Consultative and collaborative leadership style with a results-driven approach
- Ability to influence and manage change in a positive and collaborative manner
- Ability to interpret qualitative and quantitative data and use in decision making
- Ability to travel as needed
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website