We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The EAP Specialist provides direct clinical services to Mercy and contracted employers, employees, and their dependents.
This role also serves contracted unions and their membership. Clinical services include assessment and short term counseling, coordination of referrals, case management, and crisis intervention.
The EAP Specialist is responsible for providing employer leadership consultation, facilitating seminars on EAP related topics, and responding to critical incidents in the workplace. They also assist employers with policy implementation, formal management referrals, and return-to-work agreements.
- Perform assessments, short-term counseling, referral coordination, and crisis intervention with individuals, couples, and families.
- Provide consultation with all levels of Mercy, employer, and union leadership on improving employee behavior/performance, team dynamics, and policy implementation.
- Build strong partnerships with Human Resources and other leaders, facilitating the formal management referral process, return-to-work agreements, and coordination of care with treatment providers.
- Deliver on-site EAP services to Mercy and contracted employer/union clients, including Critical Incident Stress Debriefings, seminars, team builds, and employee risk assessments.
- Assist with daytime call center support, including handling EAP crisis, escalated, or consultation calls. Participate in after-hours call rotation to respond to urgent employer/client needs.
- Maintain flexibility to provide counseling services at various EAP office locations in the St. Louis area and surrounding counties based on need/volume. Provide for Mercy, employer, and union on-site needs that may occur during and outside of normal business hours at locations throughout the St. Louis area and surrounding counties.
- Maintain confidentiality and proper documentation of services in accordance with legal and ethical standards.
- Assist in the development and execution of special projects, presentations, and products/services.
- Pursue professional development to stay current in the EAP and behavioral health field.
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: Master's Degree in a Behavioral Health field
Licensure: Missouri licensure as a LPC or LCSW.
Experience: Minimum two years of full-time clinical experience, including experience in substance abuse assessment/treatment, crisis intervention/risk assessment, and leading groups.
- Ability to adapt EAP service delivery to a variety of company cultures and leadership styles
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings and seminars for up to one hundred attendees.
- Adept computer/technology skills, including the ability to use an electronic health record and Microsoft PowerPoint for presentations.
- Experience in providing brief/solution-focused counseling and EAP services, especially in the healthcare industry.
- Training and experience in leading Critical Incident Stress Debriefings (CISD).
- Experience providing telehealth delivery of counseling services.
- Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP), Substance Abuse Professional (qualification per DOT regulations)
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website