We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsible to manage the delivery of nursing care to a specific patient population on a 24 hour basis while achieving quality clinical outcomes and maximizing the utilization of resources. Effectively managing the delivery of nursing care requires creating and promoting a professional practice environment at the unit level that exemplifies a vision and goals congruent with the Medical Center and the respective clinical service line as well as high levels of coworker engagement, patient satisfaction, safe and quality clinical outcomes, financial performance and physician satisfaction. Responsible to implement elements of the Nursing Strategic Plan within their departments. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and mercy service standards.Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's degree required.
- Internal transfer applicants without Bachelor's degree may be considered if the applicant is willing to actively pursue a Baccalaureate degree once hired into position. Actively pursuing a Baccalaureate degree is defined as being enrolled in a Baccalaureate program and completing at least one course per semester.
- Licensure: Must have either a current RN Temporary Permit/RN license in the State of Missouri.
- Experience: A minimum of three years clinical experience required.
- Other: Past experiences must have demonstrated leadership ability, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to apply sound principles of management and supervision. Must be proficient in use of a personal computer and must be able to analyze complex data from various information systems.
- Preferred Education: BSN preferred. Master's degree preferred.
- Preferred Certifications: Certification in specialty area of practice preferred.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website