We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsible for the coordination, and implementation of Pharmacy Services and ensures that Pharmacy provides optimal services on a daily basis. Facilitates the development and ongoing management of systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of safe, cost-effective medication therapy. Ensures the efficient utilization of resources to meet productivity and financial goals. Inspires a shared vision, demonstrating the value of change and presenting it to co-workers with enthusiasm. The Pharmacy Operations Manager models the way by setting professional standards, having a positive attitude, and engaging co-workers to become leaders of change. The Pharmacy Operations Manger encourages the heart of co-workers by providing both public and private recognition and connecting on a personal level with those that they serve. Holds direct and indirect care providers accountable for their professional responsibilities and adherence to regulatory guidelines. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.Qualifications:
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Education: Requires an advanced pharmacy degree with clinical practice emphasis. Management training, in addition to clinical training, is also a benefit.
- Licensure: Possess or eligible for current Missouri Pharmacist Licensure.
- Experience: Experience in other pharmacy settings such as retail and clinic practice is desirable.
- Certifications: Missouri Board of Pharmacy Medication Therapy Services Certificate
- Other: Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: This position requires an individual possessing both clinical and management skills and career interest. A sound understanding of contemporary hospital pharmacy practice is necessary, as is a comprehensive clinical competency in all age groups serviced. Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills are required. Good interpersonal skills required. This individual must be a good listener and demonstrate an ability to reflect genuine care, warmth, and personal concern when communicating with others. Good investigative, fact-finding, and problem solving skills are necessary. This individual must demonstrate good professional judgment in decision making, consistent attention to detail, and thorough follow-through in work performance. Flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and details of the job is necessary. This individual must be able to display awareness and concern for how individual actions and decisions may affect others. This individual must be able to recognize and handle the stress inherent in a position of this nature.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website