We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
The Patient Access Representative is often the first point of contact for our patients and therefore must represent Mercy with the highest standard of customer service, compassion and perform all duties in a manner consistent with our mission, values and Mercy service standards.
The Patient Access Representative will facilitate all components of the patients' entrance in to any Mercy facility. This may include scheduling, registration, benefit verification, pre-certification and financial clearance including pre-visit collection. The Patient Access Representative will be responsible for ensuring that the most accurate patient data is obtained and populated in to the patient record. This co-worker must have an exceptional attention to detail and maintain knowledge and competence with insurance carriers, Medicare guidelines as well as federal, state and accreditation agencies.Qualifications:
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 1-3 years clerical experience preferred. Experience with medical terminology and insurance plans preferred.
- High School diploma required some college helpful.
Minimum skills, knowledge and ability requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, excellent telephone etiquette required.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with patients, physicians, clinical and non-clinical hospital staff and insurance companies.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress, meet deadlines and perform all daily assignments with a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with various computers systems; Ability to use a 10-key calculator and computer keyboard.
HOURS: 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed.We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period! We're proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Apply on company website