New Graduates and Experienced RN's are welcome to apply!
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR
JULY 2020 Operating Room FELLOWSHIP
On Call shifts are required for this position. These shifts require a 30-minute response time.
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy align with our mission and vision. We're collaborative and commit to delivering excellent care. Our focus is on providing a unique and personalized experience for those we serve.
We Offer Great Incentives
- Shift Differential Pay.
- BSN Differential for those applicants who have completed a BSN program.
- RN to BSN Bridging Program to assist in obtaining your BSN (up to $16,000).
- Up to $2,000 annually for Tuition Reimbursement.
- RN Loan Forgiveness Program to aide in paying off your RN student loan debt.
- Up to $5,000 per year over a period of 4 ½ years ($20,000 cap).
- Must graduate within the past 12-months of beginning employment with Mercy to qualify.
- We require a nursing degree from an accredited school.
- Prefer at least one year RN experience but we are open to new graduates.
- Must have a current Basic Life Support certification by the American Heart Association.
- BSN preferred.
- Proven leadership skills preferred.
- Certifications: CNOR preferred.
Why Join Mercy's OPERATING ROOM?
The Operating Room is an exciting place to work for select nurses and surgical technologists. Our OR at Mercy consists of 28 rooms, performing operations across a variety of service lines including robotics. These include: general surgery, plastic surgery, burn revision and grafting; orthopedics, neurosurgery, pediatric urology and general surgery, ENT, eye, dental, pain management and oral maxilla facial surgery; urology and gynecology. In addition, with our 24 hour staffing model, we provide surgical access to patients of our level 1 trauma center and level 1 ACS verified burn center. Elective surgeries are scheduled Monday thru Friday with an additional small elective schedule on Saturdays, providing our patients the best of service. Our surgical team consists of surgeons, residents, first assistants and physician assistants, surgical technologists and nurses.
Operating Room Fellowship
- You must have graduated from your nursing program before the fellowship date in order to be considered for this fellowship opportunity. The OR Fellowship requires that you have passed your NCLEX prior to entering into the fellowship.
- This is a fellowship position and new graduates or experienced RNs without OR experience are welcome to apply. The fellowship training will last 5 months.Our OR fellowship program will require a 3 year commitment to Mercy Hospital systems.
What to Expect:
- Our fellowship program includes didactic training and hands-on training in service lines in which you will learn to scrub and circulate in the Operating Room.
- During the fellowship training you will be exposed to a variety of shifts, but you will be required to work 5 days per week with early/daytime starts.
- After fellowship training is complete, you will be required to participate in rotating shifts (Days/Nights) as needed per department needs. (Schedule could be 4 weeks of days then 4 weeks of nights.) After one year out of the fellowship you are eligible to transfer to straight days.
- We offer a flexible schedule of 8-hour, 10-hour, or 12-hour shifts during training and after completion of the fellowship; you are required one Saturday and/or Sunday shifts every other four-week schedule once you complete training. You will work one major, one minor Holiday each year.
When applying please keep in mind…
You will be required to complete an Online Assessment which consists of 100 questions. You are only able to take the online assessment once so please give yourself plenty of time.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website