We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don't believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you'll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We're a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
- Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the Hospice setting where patient/family/caregivers are requiring care.
- Provides professional skilled nursing care to terminally ill patients which includes initial nursing assessment and ongoing assessment of patient/family/caregivers for physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs, reporting to physician when appropriate. Assists patient/family/caregivers with issues related to death and dying.
- Develops plan of care in collaboration with physician orders and interdisciplinary team; established realistic and measurable goals, updating them when necessary. Evaluated plan of care frequently.
- Communicates with the patient's physician, obtains and implements orders for medication and treatment changes-particularly in relation to pain management-as prescribed.
- Instructs and explains plan of care to patient and family/caregivers, teaching as needed. Instructs and encourages patient efforts toward self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care. Uses additional services when appropriate.
- Performs procedures and treatments with proper techniques and complies with standard nursing policies and procedures. Uses equipment properly to administer prescribed treatments.
- Practices cost containment with time and supplies.
- Consults with physician, patient and interdisciplinary team regarding coordination of treatment, goal development and response to treatment. Identifies need for other disciplines.
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Documents accurately and submits paperwork in accordance with St. John's Mercy Health Services Hospice policies.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Participates in inservices, workshops and seminars. Assumes responsibility for continuing education and maintaining current knowledge.
Because you're committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That's why you'll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Licensure: Current RN license in Missouri required. Must be a licensed driver.
Experience: Two years general nursing experience required.
Certifications: Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
- Understands Hospice philosophy; principles related to death and dying and pain management.
- Complies with Mercy Health Services Hospice Health Status requirements.
- Has excellent observation, good nursing assessment and communication skills.
- Has ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner.
- Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation and has ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Recent hospice or long term care experience preferred.
- Experience with issues related to death/dying and bereavement preferred.
- One year general nursing experience preferred.
Preferred Other: Has basic computer skills as well as a working knowledge of Windows, Word and Outlook.
We'll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Nursing, RN, Nurse, Clinical, Clinic, STL, St. Louis, Ortho, Orthopedics, Speciality
Apply on company website