We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals – careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its “Top 100 Places to Work.”
The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate and oversee the surgical activities, equipment, education and quality improvement parameters for the designated specialty. This shall be consistent with established policies/procedures and standards of practice, the goals of Mercy's Health System, the philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy, the Nurse Practice Act, and the Employee Code of Conduct. Performs related duties as assigned. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Ophthalmology or eye experience preferred.
- Certifications: BLS certification beneficial.
- Other: Skills, knowledge and abilities: Working conditions, mental and physical requirements: Must be able to multi-task effectively. Requires the individual to be self motivated and be able to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: May be required to work differing schedules, shifts, days of week, or work frequency according to departmental requirements. Stand and walk most of the time on duty. Lift and push equipment. Lift patients and push patients on stretchers, and on hospital beds and/or surgical tables. Usually work in the air-conditioned environment of the restricted and controlled surgical suite.
We Offer Great Benefits:
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all.
What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
Apply on company website